Worn out

Monday, March 17, 2014

I often find myself overwhelmed and when that happens everything around me begins to be a burden.

First thought...give up, wash my hands, walk away.

Life gets heavy sometimes. We can do only a little to lighten the load.

Say NO a little more often, care a little less about the perfect house,yard, outfit and even thoughts that others have about us.

But friends, as long as we walk in these bodies and breathe the air of this world, we will become

overwhelmed, weary and worn.

There is NO changing that.

No vacation, salon visit, hour away from the kids and for my healthy friends...not even yoga can change it.

Those things are nice and do help refresh you a bit but they aren't a cure all.

I posted on my FB blog page a week or so ago asking my friends to fill in the blank of this question...

" I am weary and worn because _____."

I did that because I was feeling really worn out. Best way to combat feeling sorry for yourself is to peek into the world of others. To pray over their burdens (and your own).

After reading and praying the answer was clear

 (Did I ever tell you I am hard headed. The answer is always, always Jesus).

I'm pretty sure Jesus made up the word "Duh". Just for me.

We simply need to put our hope in Him. We are created to turn to Jesus in our weakness. He is the cure all.

I want to give us some encouragement today.

Psalm 121:3–4
He will not let your foot be moved; he who keeps you will not slumber. Behold, he who keeps Israel will neither slumber nor sleep.  


God doesn't sleep!

“Come unto me, all you that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.” Matthew 11:28

He wants us to come to Him in our weakness.

Philippians 4:13 “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” 


He will give us what we need to sustain us. 

Hebrews 13: 5-6
God has said, ‘Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you.’ So we say with confidence, ‘The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?’”

Be confident in His help. 

The LORD gives strength to his people; the LORD blesses his people with peace. Psalm 29:11

Enjoy the peace of the Lord. It's yours (ours) for the taking!


Love,
Erica






















0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog contents © The Possum's Grin 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.