Living in the "if"

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

This morning my devotional was about Gideon. 

AKA me. You know, when one can identify oneself with so many different people of the Bible it isn't always a good thing. BUT it can always be a growth thing. 

In Judges 6:12 The Bible tells us that the angel of the Lord appeared before Gideon. (Many scholars believe that this was pre incarnate Jesus)

So Jesus says to Gideon "The Lord is with YOU, mighty warrior" and Gideon's response is this...

"Pardon me, my lord," Gideon replied, "but if the LORD is with US, why has all this happened to us? Where are all his wonders that our ancestors told us about when they said, 'Did not the LORD bring us up out of Egypt?' But now the LORD has abandoned us and given us into the hand of Midian."

How often do we repsond to God with something different than what He is telling us. The Lord said I am with YOU, Gideon. Gideon replies with an "us". 

His reply did not match up with what God had said to Him.

Gideon was in the presence of God but Gideon wasn't in the present. He was too worried about the past. About how things were better in the past. 

How many times have you based God being present with you on how good your circumstance is presently?

Then Gideon continues a bit later with  "If now I have found favor in your eyes, give me a sign that it is really you talking to me."


If I get this job

If I get this car

If the test results come back clear

If my spouse changes 

Stop living in the "if" because it is truly exhausting.

Live in this present moment with God and know that He is with YOU

ALWAYS. (Matthew 28:20)

Love,
Erica 






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog contents © The Possum's Grin 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.