14 days

Saturday, February 1, 2014

A few years back my husband began a new tradition for us in our marriage by the name of "14 days".

I have to tell you that selfishly, I adore the "14 days" of Valentines. I look forward to it more than all holidays combined! (If you know me, and understand my love for Christmas then you understand how HUGE that last statement was).

OK, so let me explain how it works.

Each day from Feb 1 to Feb 14 a small token of appreciation/affection is given. It can't be an expensive gift...which makes it much more fun!

And Challenging.

I woke up dancing this morning folks, and saying YAY! repeatedly. It's almost enough to make you sick.

BUT

This year I've decided to play the game back.

So this morning's YAY! was two fold (helping with the nausea?)

Listen, you've got kids,pets,bills,housework...work. All those responsibilities can get in the way of  one of our most important tasks. To nurture our marriages.

This is why I get so excited. Because for two weeks we make a point to give small tokens of appreciation, adoration and even thanks. Because we all could use a little more "thanks", couldn't we?

I could tell you that everyday should be the 14 days, and yes you are right. They should be. But in all honesty...they're not. We're human. We get weary and we even forget. (we are too busy but that's another blog post)

Here's some good news...it actually lingers on into the relationship. It refreshes us and reminds our hearts.

IT BLESSES US.

SO the reason for this post is not so I can tell you this and that be the end.

I challenge YOU.

I challenge you twice if your marriage is failing. (click here) and here.

Please don't leave your laptop up so your spouse can see this...this is for YOU.

Single?

I hope you accept my challenge regardless of your emotions or circumstance.

I pray it brings you joy!

If I can be of any help to you, please feel free to inbox me privately.


Love,
Erica












0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog contents © The Possum's Grin 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.